Thanks to all of you who joined me for the Simple Skincare tweetup last week, featuring the new Simple Advisory Board! For those who missed it—and for those who need a refresher—here’s a recap of the top tweets:
• “Remember, movement is a privilege. If you can, you should,” says fitness expert Kacy Duke. Think about that next time you’re tempted to hit the snooze button and skip your morning yoga class, run, etc.
• “Use Simple Smoothing Facial Scrub as an exfoliant to provide a smooth surface for your new spring lip shade,” says makeup artist Gita Bass. I’m personally all about the bright, bold lip this summer, and exfoliating not only helps it go on smoother without any gunkies, it also helps it stay put longer.
• “Keep a food journey to see what’s contributing to triggers. Keep blood sugar steady with regular balanced meals & whole foods,” says nutrition expert Ellie Krieger. I’m embarrassed to say that boredom and procrastination are two of my top triggers. Keeping a journal helps me identify my weak spots and reminds me that I should only eat when I’m hungry.
• “Not everyone needs to cleanse 2x day, but it is important to cleanse at the end of the day to remove dirt, grime & bacteria,” says Simple Advisory Board dermatologist, Debra Luftman. I generally only cleanse at night, but in the summer, I do like a quick swipe with the Simple Soothing Facial Toner in the morning.
• “Make your skincare routine a habit. It should be something you do every morning & night – must be pleasant & relaxing.” Dr. Josie Howard Simple Advisory Board Psychiatrist. I’ve said this myself numerous times. It’s so important to use products that you love—those that feel good going on, don’t irritate your skin and even look pleasing on your vanity. That way you’re sure to make cleansing and moisturizing part of your daily routine.
This post was created in connection with my appointment as an ambassador in the Simple® Skincare Program. Visit www.facebook.com/SimpleSkincare to share your story on sensitive skin.