Scottsdale was our first girls’ getaway that we featured on The Jet Set Girls exactly three years ago. Sadly, we haven’t been back for another visit; but it’s in consideration for this winter. We’d love to stay at the W Hotel Scottsdale which opened since our last trip (the Mondrian where we stayed before has closed). The W has a Wet deck, their take on poolside fun; a Bliss Spa for pre party primping or post party detox; Sushi Roku for the sushi we always get on our girls’ trips; and Shade, their nightclub. We also like the Farewell Kiosk where you can check out of your room and print your boarding passes. The only thing we would change is the $9.95 fee for WiFi in your room. We hoped that hotels were phasing that out by now.
They’re also throwing a private party for New Year’s with a Carnaval flair which is included in their New Year’s Eve package. Here are the details:
- Insider Access to a Carnaval Celebration (tickets are $50 for women)
- One masquerade mask and one feather boa (one per bed)
- One split of champagne to toast the night away
- Hosted reception in the Living Room from 7 to 9 p.m. to get the party started on December 31, 2010
- Complimentary Wheels parking
- A Wonderful Room from $499
By the way, the high in Scottsdale today is 76. That sure beats East Coast weather!