After another killer hangover over the weekend, we figure it’s time for a refresher on how to avoid them:
- Obviously, moderation is key. Our years of drinking have taught us that there’s no hangover cure like not drinking too much the night before.
- Our acupuncturist recommends drinking vodka over wine (presumably Champagne, too.)
- Don’t drink on an empty stomach – even if that means having a little nibble before you head to the party or dinner.
- Mixing booze is a recipe for disaster.
- Stop drinking at least an hour before you go to bed. Your body doesn’t have a shot at processing the alcohol while you’re asleep.
- Don’t drink and drive (not related to hangovers, but bears mentioning all the same).
- Have a glass of water between each drink- dehydration exacerbates a hangover big time!
If all else fails, check out our best hangover cures.