Used to be cruises got a bad rap for their food–and deservedly so. (We get it, buffets and meals for 1,000+ people are hard to make tasty. But still.) However, Celebrity Cruises is continuing on with its mission to change not just the perception of that, but also the food it serves. This summer, it will be hosting the first of four “Top Chef at Sea” experiences this year.
That means you can sail with a favorite Top Chef alums and experience their dishes, including complimentary cooking demonstrations, interactive Quickfire Challenges and other activities. For a more exclusive experience, you can choose to enjoy private cooking classes and events hosted by the chef’testants.
Even if you’re not on one of the four sailings, Quickfire Challenges and “Top Chef”-inspired menu evenings will be available onboard all Celebrity Cruises ships, with the exception of Celebrity Xpedition, for all sailings departing July 2014 – June 2015.
The four sailings are:
- Spike Mendelsohn: Top Chef Chicago and Top Chef All-Stars contestant; Co-owner and Chef at Béarnaise, We, The Pizza and Good Stuff Eatery in Washington, D.C.
- Ash Fulk: Top Chef Las Vegas contestant; Chef de Cuisine at Hill Country Barbecue Market in Brooklyn
- Angelo Sosa: Top Chef D.C. and Top Chef All-Stars contestant; Chef and Owner of Añejo in NYC and Poppy Den in Las Vegas
On August 15, the Celebrity Solstice Alaskan cruise will feature:
- Paul Qui: Top Chef Texas winner; Chef/Owner of Qui and East Side King in Austin
- Tiffani Faison: Top Chef Season 1 runner-up and Top Chef All-Stars contestant; Chef/Owner of Sweet Cheeks Q in Boston
- Brooke Williamson: Top Chef Seattle runner-up; Co-Executive Chef and Co-Owner of Hudson House, The Tripel and Playa Provisions in California
- Nina Compton: Top Chef New Orleans runner-up and Fan Favorite winner; Chef de Cuisine for Scarpetta Miami at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach hotel
- Chris Crary: Top Chef Texas contestant and Fan Favorite winner
- Kristen Kish: Top Chef Seattle winner (shown top)
*Additional chef to be added
- Hosea Rosenberg: Top Chef Season 5 winner; Owner of Blackbelly Market (opening summer ’14), Blackbelly Catering & Events and Blackbelly Farm
- Casey Thompson: Top Chef Season 3 and Top Chef All-Stars contestant; Chef of Aveline and The European in San Francisco
- Tiffany Derry: Top Chef D.C. and Top Chef All-Stars contestant; Owner of TD Concepts
- Shirley Chung: Top Chef New Orleans contestant; Chef/Owner of Chung Lee Consulting
For more info, head to www.celebritycruises.com/topchef.