Before my birthday trip to Mexico, I hit my local CVS to stock up on my beauty-musts for the beach. Thanks to the CVS Beauty Club, for every $50 you spend on beauty items, you get $5 ExtraBucks Rewards. Here’s what I loaded up on (clockwise from left):
- Dove Ultimate Go Fresh Cool Essentials travel-size deodorant. I’m not a fan of floral or fruity-scented deodorants, so this fresh-smelling cucumber and green tea one is perfect for me.
- Gillette Venus Satin Care Dry Skin Formula Shave Gel. I don’t like skipping even one day of shaving while at the beach. This dry skin formula helps keep my legs moisturized.
- I also got a matching Gillette Venus Embrace Razor while I was at it (front)
- Coppertone Sport Continuous Spray SPF 15 Sunscreen. It goes without saying that I need a serious sunscreen at the beach!
- Off! Skintastic FamilyCare Insect Repellent Spray. I had read on TripAdvisor that our resort could get buggy. (It did.) Usually my husband complains that he’s getting bitten, then I’m the one who wakes up the next morning with mosquito bites. Not fair!
- Hawaiian Tropic Tanning Lotion SPF 6. Don’t worry. I haven’t lost my mind. My hubby is Latino and likes to tan. Lucky him, he has the skin for it!
- Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes I find wipes are easier to travel with than a liquid cleanser, which inevitable explodes easily in luggage on a plane. Plus, the Simple ones are gentle enough for post-sun skin.
- Crest Plus Scope Toothpaste For obvious reasons.
- OralB CrossAction Pro Health Toothbrush Ditto. Plus, I was due for a new one.
- Sally Hansen Zero Bumps Bikini Spray No one, and I mean no one, wants to deal with ingrown hairs on vacation!
Want to score your own beauty haul? Tell us on our Facebook page where you’re vacationing this summer and you’ll be automatically entered to win a $50 giftcard to CVS. Contest closes 22. We’ll have three winners in all!
This review was based on a free sample.